On April 28th, I turned 27.
My husband and I spent an incredible weekend in Denver/Boulder dining, shopping, people watching and taking in art museums, comic book stores, and seeing if it’s a place we’d like to end up (it is!).
Birthdays have always been huge for me. They’re stepping stones, a time for reflection, a time for looking forward, a transitional point allowing me to take another step towards becoming the person I want to be.
In the spirit of reflection and entering into my 27th year I leave you with 27 for 27. A list of 27 things I would like to accomplish before I hit my Golden Birthday.
1-5) Make the following foods/beverages: tiramisu, spanakopita, pickles, limoncello, & beer. [life list items]
6) Visit a winery (with a friend… or more!).
7) Try a new restaurant in Santa Fe. Santa Fe has soooo many and I find myself often going to the same ones.
8) Sew something magnificent (quilt or dress or other project). [life list items]
9) Decoupage or bead a pair of high heels.
10) Create three new stuffed animal patterns.
11) Outline a basic plan for a family art show.
12) Read Lonesome Dove. [life list item]
13) Read Roots. [life list item]
14) Write love letters to at least ten of my friends/family members/people I admire.
15) Have a piece of my writing published by a reputable source. [life list item]
16) Read/perform one of my poems in front of a crowd.
17) Work on at least one chapter of my Fistfight Funeral novel.
18) Take Marie Forleo’s B-School.
19) Apply and get into a graduate school program. [life list item]
20) Develop a tangible plan for becoming a life coach.
21) Design and print Relish the Verve business cards.
22) Visit at least one new town/city/state/country.
23) Swim in Abiquiu Lake.
24) Attend the World Domination Summit.
25) Pay off at least one student loan.
26) Make one new friend.
27) Host a themed party.
By the end of my 27th year I may decide that some of these are goals I no longer want to accomplish. I may decide that these goals are all awesome and I’ve completed all of them. I guess I’ll just have to wait and see what happens.